GLP Internship Opportunities
GLP interns and volunteers work with beneficiary communities to:
- establish libraries and teach library use;
- assist teachers in teaching reading and writing;
- set up competitions that promote literacy such as spelling bees, “math Olympics,” etc.;
- establish after-school academic and sports programs;
- teach basic computer skills; and
- develop plans for the improvement of existing literacy programs.
Internships are available in rural Randfontein, approximately one hour west of Johannesburg, in South Africa.
READ THEIR STORIES!
Princeton and Global Literacy Project Internship Program in South Africa
- 2010 Princeton Interns: Shamayne Cumberbatch, Bianca Mathabane and Shivani Radhakrishnan
- 2009 Princeton Interns: Erica Clarke and Connor Diemand-Yauman
Pingry School Student Volunteers and Global Literacy Project in South Africa
- The Summer 2010 Pingry School/Global Literacy Project Global Learning Expedition
- Christina and Emma’s South Africa Adventures!
Classroom Connections: Linking New Jersey and South African Teachers and Students