-Taking Responsibility, Taking Action-
Sign-in: 10:30 – 11:30 a.m.; Walkers Depart : 11:30 a.m.
Start: Douglass Campus Center Plaza
(The corner of Nichol Avenue and George Street [DIRECTIONS])
End: Community Fair at the Rutgers Student Center, CAC
This year the walkathon continues to focus on the goal of assisting communities locally and globally:
- Locally: We plan to provide books and other literacy materials for children participating in our “Take Reading Home” pilot in nursery and kindergarten classrooms throughout New Brunswick, New Jersey and our poetry reading programs.
- Globally: Supporting Global Literacy Project programs for displaced children in Haiti.
- Globally: Humanitarian supplies for West African regions impacted by the Ebola epidemic (working with the African Health Network).
——-PRESS RELEASE ——-
——REGISTERING FOR THE WALK-A-THON ($7/WALKER)——
- Email us to let us know you’re participating!: email@example.com. (Each walker must pay $7 registration) or https://www.facebook.com/events/1495530150718578/
- AFTER registering by email download a Walk_for_Literacy_and_Health_2014-brochure to collect donations. Set a goal for yourself and get your friends, family, and co-workers involved.
- Individuals/Teams. Fill out you pledge forms and collect your donations before the walkathon.
- Turn in your pledge sheet(s) and money collected on the day of the walkathon between 10:30 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
Give-aways. Depending on sponsorship participants in the walkathon will be eligible to receive surprise give-aways. Plus, there will be recognition for:
- Individual with the Most Sponsors
- Individual/Team Raising the Most Money
Wear sensible shoes and dress for the weather!
The walkathon goes on, rain or shine.
10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.: Registration
11:30 a.m.: Kick-off speeches and then begin walk
1 p.m.: Walk culminates at the Rutgers Student Center, College Avenue Campus
No Comments yet »
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.